Acupoint Oil Massage
This is a remedial massage that incorporates acupressure points to increase the effectiveness of the massage. Firm pressure is applied to the acupressure points during the massage to relieve muscular tension, releasing tension around the acupressure points allows energy meridians to flow more smoothly and soft tissue release techniques are also incorporated into the massage.
There are many advantages of integrating massage therapy with acupressure including a more effective relief from muscular stiffness and tension, pain relief, increased circulation, and toxin removal, relieving stress and relaxing both body and mind.
At the end of the massage clients will also be shown some self-acupressure exercises relevant to their condition.
Please note: This treatment will work deep into the muscles and as a result, may cause some soreness or discomfort during or after the treatment, and in some cases may leave a temporary mark or bruise.
We are now able to offer Muscle Relief CBD oil massage. CBD (or Cannabidiol) is an element found in cannabis plants that’s commonly used for many health and wellness benefits, especially to alleviate inflammation and pain. CBD oil does not have any psychoactive effects since it does not contain THC (the “high” compound in cannabis).
The benefits of massage using CDB oil include an improved balance of mental health for anxiety and depression due to the relaxing and soothing effects, reduction in pain and inflammation in muscle tension and joint pain, better sleep, lower blood pressure and improved digestive system.
Just ask your therapist to upgrade to CBD oil at the time of your treatment. Upgrading to CBD oils costs an additional £5.00 for a 45 minute massage and £7.50 for a 60 minute massage.
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basictips and advice.
With all our therapies, a one-off treatment will always be beneficial, especially when particularly stressed. However, the best way to reduce stress levels and maintain balance and wellbeing is to incorporate regular treatments into your lifestyle. Our recommendation is to have an initial course of treatments either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and then regular monthly treatments. Full aftercare advice is given during your treatment.
If you are unsure which treatment to choose please contact our therapists for advice and to discuss your options further.
Professional massage, holistic and complimentary therapies are not meant to replace any medication, medical treatments or regular check-ups with your GP.
Our top tips
- You can expect to feel relaxed and calm after a treatment, try to arrange to have your massage when you have a little time to enjoy its benefits.
- Do not shower or bathe directly after a treatment for at least 6 – 8 hours. The essential oils used, need to penetrate the skin in order to be absorbed into the system to achieve optimum results.
- Discuss the possibility of other treatment options with your therapist to assist with stress and other conditions, if necessary.
- Remember Louise’s golden rule of “Drink plenty of water to assist in the elimination of toxins from the body”.
Before your appointment
- Please arrive for your appointment clean and smelling fresh.
- Women – Knickers must be worn but you can choose to go topless.
- Men – Boxers / briefs must be worn! If you arrive not wearing any, we will provide you with a pair of disposable boxer at an additional £1 charge
- Remove all jewellery.
- Leave your worries behind you!
After your appointment
- Get plenty of rest. You may feel tired after treatment, allow time to rest and relax mentally and physically.
- Listen to your body, if you feel tired try having a nap, if you feel full of energy go for a short walk but DO NOT overexert yourself.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours, as massage is a detoxifying treatment.
- Eat a light diet to assist the detoxification and healing process.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal after the treatment.
- Avoid smoking.
- Cut down on consumption of teas, coffee and alcohol.
- Postural exercises and gentle stretching can help with muscle tension as well as exercises that will assist with mobility.
- Do breathing exercises to assist with taking in oxygen to your fullest capacity
- If oils have been used in your hair apply shampoo to hair before wetting it and massage into hair, this will help dissolve the oil easier.
Occasionally, you may experience any of the following reactions up to 24-48 hours after treatment; this is known as a contra-action or a ‘Healing Reaction’ and is the body’s response to the treatment:
- Localised tenderness, aching or soreness within the muscles.
- Dizziness or nausea.
- Flu like symptoms.
- Increased trips to the toilet.
- Increased thirst.
- Fatigue, restlessness and inability to settle/sleep and a disrupted sleeping pattern.
- Feeling tearful.
These reactions are uncommon but perfectly normal and show that toxins are being expelled from the body, so that it may re-balance and cleanse itself, and you will feel a greater sense of well- being afterwards. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us on 01458 835952.
- Drinking water or herbal teas can help speed up this process and reduce symptoms.
- Please take the time to tell us if you experienced any of the above the next time you come for a treatment, so you can get the best possible treatment.
- In the unlikely event that you experience any severe pain or discomfort, please seek advice from your GP.